Most real estate agents will say that nothing is more appealing to potential home buyers than natural wood kitchen cabinets, because they bring a sense of style and character into any kitchen. There are a variety of other attributes of solid wood kitchen cabinets.
1. Natural wood cabinets go with any kitchen style. One can find certain traditions about the woods and finishes most commonly used in a variety of kitchen styles, including customs about cabinet door designs. As an example, a darker hardwood like ebony, mahogany or cherry is most appropriate in a vintage, country or eclectic style kitchen. It would rarely be used in present-day styles.
2. Wood cabinets are tough and durable. Wood base cabinets will definitely support any sort of counter top material, such as stone (granite, slate, marble, or concrete), and they endure well under heavy use, in addition to steam and heat. Most little dings, nicks or scuff marks can be simply repaired. In time, wood should be re-finished, fixed, cleaned as well as, painted or stained.
3. Real wood cabinets are clearly much better than any material that’s MDF or veneered. Cabinets which are created using glue should be very carefully maintained because the glue will likely be weakened by the dampness in time and the laminate or veneer will start to curl or peel. Real wood is not going to curl or peel.
4. Wood kitchen cabinets come in a wide range of wood options and stains, allowing a homeowner to buy the color and wood that best match the style and décor of their home. A variety of woods can be finished in a number of ways to make a customized patina.
5. Wood cabinets are safe. Unlike metal cabinets, there isn’t anything in wood cabinets that can chemically affect the food stored in them.
6. Wood kitchen cabinets won’t ever go out of style. For this reason their beauty and warmth improve the appearance and worth of your dream house when it’s time to put it up for sale.
Realizing these points, you now have a better understanding on why most people desire real wood kitchen cabinets instead of any other variety.